Breakfast doesn't have to be boring -- it can be a treat! Reward your family up with a warm, delicious stack of chocolate chip pancakes to start the day off right.
Once you have made chocolate chip pancakes from scratch, you'll realize that a tempting home-cooked breakfast can be so much better than going to a restaurant. A word of warning, though... Your family might bug you to make chocolate chip pancakes every weekend!
Recipe for Chocolate Chip Pancakes
Chocolate Chip Pancake Ingredients:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk (anything from skim through whole milk is fine)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4-1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips* (1/2 cup for chocolate lovers!)
(Double the ingredients above to serve more people)
Kitchen Items Needed:
- 1 large bowl and 1 small bowl
- Egg beater or fork
- Nonstick griddle or large flat pan
1. Preheat a griddle or large pan to medium-hi heat and grease lightly
2. In your large bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
3. In the small bowl, beat the egg, milk, oil, vanilla and chocolate chips.
4. Add your egg mixture to the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
5. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto your greased griddle or pan, making sure to get an even amount of chocolate chips in each pancake; flip pancakes when bubbles begin to form on top side of pancakes. Cook until the other side turns a golden brown.
Make them Your Own:
You can always customize this chocolate chip pancake recipe by topping the pancakes with fresh fruit, powdered sugar or any kind of syrup you could imagine. *Another way to make your pancakes unique is to try other chips such as white chocolate, swirl or butterscotch chips. These are available at most grocery stores.
Have a great breakfast and stop back by From Scratch Pancakes for more pancake recipes!!